Computer Graphic card MacPro

khallett

Going to be purchasing a new Mac Book.  Looked at specifications for DIY Suite for Macs- says 4-8GB gaming card or Intel Integrated 5th gen. or newer.  Computer has Intel Iris Plus graphics 655.  Will this be sufficient to run the design software? 

I've looked at specs on Intel Iris Plus 655 and am relatively sure it will perform but would like confirmation from someone who is more knowledgeable than myself.  Thanking you in advance for any input.  

Thank you for the question.  If you are looking at purchasing a new Mac Book and a primary use of the computer is to run Home Designer, I would consider getting a Mac Book that has a dedicated graphic card (Nvidia) rather than the integrated graphics setup such as the Intel Iris.  The Nvidia (dedicated) graphics set up will be more expensive, but will run Home Designer more efficiently and with faster performance.  With that said, the Intel Iris setup you have listed is supported and should run Home Designer just fine.  I only mention the difference because you are looking at buying a new computer.

Feel free to contact us in Sales if you need any assistance or would like to discuss in more detail.  We can be reached at 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software