How to make a sloping floor

Docroc

I am connecting two current adjacent structures with basically a hallway, both with hardwood finished floors I don't want to change. However the floor height difference between the two is about 1 1/2" over an 18 foot span or descending approx 3/32" per foot, however the floor of the room being extended over this hallway will stay the same height as the building with the higher floor or in other words as the floor descends the ceiling height of the hallway will increase. So how do I do a continuous floor with a section having a slope?

A second connection between the two structures does not have to slope as it will connect from the higher floor to a garage and so a small step at the door is not a problem.  How do I make sure the floor of this part stays with the height of the higher floor rather than the garage floor height?  Sorry for two questions in one post but thought they were related.

2019 HD Pro

Thanks.

Use a Ramp.

11 minutes ago, Docroc said:

How do I make sure the floor of this part stays with the height of the higher floor rather than the garage floor height?

You set the floor to the height you want.

Frankly, I would not bother to model such a slight angle for the floor. That can easily be indicated in a plan view with text (indicating the direction of slant and the rate of slant should be sufficient).

If you feel you still must 3D model this slight angle in the floor you can emulate this using a geometric shape (wedge) resizing it to emulate the slant, which should be a lot easier than trying to use a ramp object.

DJP

Thanks to both of you..  BTW is there a way to reference the floor height of each of the two structures against a common data point?  Also is there a way to move one structure up or down in reference to the other in case I want to make the floor heights equal before connecting them? 

4 minutes ago, Docroc said:

BTW is there a way to reference the floor height of each of the two structures against a common data point?

No, and it's been suggested. 

4 minutes ago, Docroc said:

Also is there a way to move one structure up or down in reference to the other in case I want to make the floor heights equal before connecting them?

It depends. If one is using the default floor heights and the other is not, resetting to the default will work, or just make the adjustments manually.