Appliances

DESIGNNGAL

• 4 years later...

I am having the same issue (when I can get it to work at all)! When inserting a Sub-Zero fridge (BI-36U/S) HD-Pro is saying: Message: Cabinet not large enough to hold fixture/appliance, though I am certain I am giving more than adequate space for the appliance based on Sub-Zero's own specs for my fridge (https://ca.subzero-wolf.com/en/trade-resources/product-specifications/product-specifications-detail/36-inch-built-in-over-under-refrigerator-freezer-legacy) - including compensating for stiles. Incidentally, is there a way to get the specs of the appliance from the HD Library itself? Obviously it has this info internally but I don't see any way to find this information using the HD Library resouces.

I have read the tutorials here (https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01340/message-cabinet-not-large-enough-to-hold-fixture-appliance.html?utm_source=Home+Designer+Pro+25+x64&utm_medium=software&utm_campaign=Resource%3A+faq&utm_content=Error+ID%3A+272016004) and also watched this video: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2316/adding-appliances-and-fixtures-to-cabinets.html?playlist=200, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

If I massively oversize the cabinet for the 36" fridge appliance I can get to a point like DesignnGal shows but with the fridge hanging out of the cabinet. That is how it shows up in the preview window and in the 2D and 3D plan views. Additionally, a further issue with this, is that by massively oversizing the cabinet to supposedly accommodate the appliance, the dimensions of the appliance itself is altered before it's included. The tutorial video that talks about adding the appliance, then locking the size is not working for me.

Are there some other tricks to making this work?

E.g. should there be a "separator" above and below the door area that is trying to be replaced?

Should there be a blank-space above and below that appliance?

Should the toe-kick of the cabinet be removed before attempting to add a fridge to the full-size cabinet?

Are others getting this to work at all?

I installed this yesterday and designed cabinets for our new kitchen. Because this feature is lacking for the below image I used a combination of custom counter tops and side panels/doors to construct the "drinks" cabinet because I could not for the life of me get the subzero drink fridge or ice machine to insert into a cabinet.

KitchenGrab6.thumb.png.b92002d86167a160616c94efd02b22ea.png 

Currently renting this HD-Pro on a monthly basis, and I need this to work as we are going to bids and are going back and forth with our actual architect and structural engineer to firm up locations of windows. Please help!!

Just FYI, I started with this program yesterday so have the latest HD-Pro 2024 (Build 25.2.0.53, May 14 2023), in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks from FL!

Ryan

Uggh, just realized a resurrected a 4-year-old thread. Sorry about that Designngal :-(. I sincerely hope this isn't a feature bug that hasn't been fixed for 4 years!

I forgot to mention I am having this issue in multiple plan files from Windows 11 Pro on an HP Pavilion 15t with Intel Iris Graphics. The 3D rendering (even with Physically-based rendering) is working amazing. I am super happy with this program so far, except for this difficult detail.

Thanks again,

Ryan

most appliances like DW etc should be chosen and then you click the cabinet you want to insert them in.

or you can open the cabinet edit window and go to FRONT tab and add appliances there.

Some appliances are not in cabinets but between them like a range or fridge or vent hoods probably others.

So is your sub zero between 2 cabinets and maybe a wall cabinet mounted above with cabinet door panels inserted?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you y-g-m-n for your response. Our Sub-Zero 36" fridge is installed into a full size cabinet with sides that extend above the fridge/freezer with a cabinet doors up top. In the end I modeled it exactly as you said (by adding panels to the left and right for the height of the fridge (84") and putting a Top Cabinet above that. However, this isn't ideal as it would be great to use the Materials List Management tool in HD Pro to generate the specs for a proper sized cabinet for order (or for building an estimate for order). Yes, I am able to take the CSV output and mod it how I need, but that is tedious.

In general, it seems HD Pro does not have the capability to truly model inset of any appliance accurately into a cabinet which is unfortunate and makes it harder to design for an actual kitchen - which is a shame, as I think, other than this small quirk, it is by far the best program on the market by a wide margin.

If I make the cabinet large enough, I can actually get the program to accept it as "inset". however, the dimensions are no where near how the cabinet should actually be built (e.g. the Sub-Zero 36" Classic we have should fit into a 35.5Wx83.75Hx24D). If I have to make the opening the size of the CAD drawing at 36x84x27 7/8, it will accept it (which is not useful). Also, the issue DesignnGal identified 4 years ago with the 3D views showing the appliance not integrated into the actual cabinet still exists (i.e. it only looks integrated in the plan view). Here is a minimal example showing the issue with our Sub-Zero fridge and includes the minimum cabinet requirements for fitment:

InsetAppliancesFail1.thumb.jpg.1a3df4f50352ce2598330ac497199f8e.jpgInsetAppliancesFail2.thumb.jpg.031f6ccd1ed0c8b01f0a53beec01920b.jpg

InsetAppliancesFail3.thumb.jpg.c4665ac44758f7a1a74775d15b35360e.jpgInsetAppliancesFail4-SubZeroSpec.thumb.jpg.87e8225394f07ae7339bbdb34bb2e55e.jpg

Best Regards,

Ryan