Attached Garage Foundation

SuiteUserBob

I am having difficulty with the foundation for an new attached garage addition on an existing house and using Designer Suite 2017. I have designated the addition as a garage and built the foundation. I want the garage foundation footing to be at the same elevation as the existing house footing. The top of stem wall for the garage foundation needs to be lower than the top of house stem wall by about 16". Whenever I try to modify the garage foundation stem wall the changes are also being applied to the existing house foundation. I am a relatively new user and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have images to share at the moment. The problem seems relatively simple and I think I'm just overlooking something since I've been stuck on this for a while. I want to add an attached garage to the driveway end of a bungalow. I want the elevations of the garage footing to match the existing house footing. The driveway (soon to be new garage floor) is 22" below the top of the existing foundation wall.