Dormer Window auto resizing

BlueTruc

I have built plans with domers into an bonus truss and the windows continue to auto resize on me. Are there any specific tricks to prevent this from occurring? I want them around 60"x48" and centered but they resize and off center themselves.

As a bonus I would take input on why the roof over the dormer isn't completing on its own, and why the gable walls on the attic end walls don't go all the way to the roof. These I just haven't tackled for as long yet, but the dormer windows is baffling me after researching what is out there for documentation.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Shop redraw 2017.plan

Not a "Trick" (Since you have not filled in your profile "Signature" I do not know what software or version you are using. For this post I am assuming you have Home Designer Pro, if you do not have pro, then this answer may not apply to you).

As soon as I have the dormer object sized and located, I then "Explode" the dormer from a symbol to its parts (walls, roof planes and a hole in the roof polyline). once exploded (a command available in one's Edit Toolbar when the dormer symbol is selected). Once that action is taken, the window will allow you to edit it and thereafter it will not change on its own. As long as the dormer is a symbol, the window is preprogrammed to resize automatically. I did not download your plan, the above is based upon over a decade of experience with these objects.

DJP

8 hours ago, BlueTruc said:

and the windows continue to auto resize on me

Are you saying that after placing the dormer and sizing/centering the window, the window will then change size without you changing anything related -- moving or resizing the dormer, trusses, roof planes etc.