Having trouble with porch roof

Muttley000

I am drawing our existing house in HD Pro 2019 so I can design an addition to it.  I am new to the software. I am having problems with the porch roof.  You can see in the picture that the roof is intersecting the second story windows. The ceiling height is correct but it is making the structure above the ceiling too thick.  Please advise

image.jpeg

Please use a screen capture tool or the capture tool built in to Pro -- using a camera results in a poor image.

Do you have a 2nd floor room over the porch? If so, delete it.

Post your plan file (close Pro first) for the best suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I really wanted to figure this out on my own and I am back for real help.  Attached is a screen image of what I have now, for some reason it will not allow me to attach my current plan.  You will see I have foundation issues too but I will address them in a separate post if I cant figure that out.  I need the roof to be sloped to just under the second story windows.  I have auto rebuild roofs off currently because when I had it on I ruined my attic and gables which are correct again at this time.  Any help appreciated!

porch.jpg

Sorry,
The same question as in original post, how do I draw the shed type roof over the porch without ruining my main house roof and not covering up my second floor windows.  Maybe I can find some instruction out there on manual roof tools.  Auto building the roof was turned off during a tutorial I found on drawing the gables.

Your roof looks simple and should easily auto build, along with the porch roof. You will loose the dormers if you used one of the auto dormer tools, but they can be added back once the rest of the roof is correct -- including the addition.

Can you post pictures of the actual house? Sometimes an areal view from google can show the roof if needed.

Not trying to discourage you from using manual roofs, but using auto is usually best -- until auto no longer works.

• Like 1

Another option is to open up (click on) the particular roof in question and set the ridge to below the windows. It will ask you to confirm that you want to turn auto-rebuild roofs off, so if everything else is set, it's ok. Then you can experiment with either the ridge height or the pitch you want it to be, Just keep baseline height checked so that doesn't change on you.

• Like 1