Help drawing gables & roofline

ChiefChristy68

Hi there!  I am new to the Home Designer Pro software and am learning as I go.  I am helping a friend re design their house that was burned down.  I'm trying to get the rooflines to work out for the 1' bump out on the left front but can't get the ridge lines to line up right.  When I use the auto-build roof feature, the main roof line is messed up and doesn't look right.  I can draw it in Sketch-Up but I'd like to learn how to do it in HDP.  Can anyone help out?  I've attached pics of what I'm going for.  Thank you in advance for any help!!

Screenshot 2019-02-16 10.50.01.png

Screenshot 2019-02-16 10.57.56.png

Screenshot 2019-02-16 10.58.56.png

WoodValleyOrtho.png

OK - I was able to fix the gables and rooflines - thank you, Eric!  Now I'm having difficulty with an exterior wall material.  The area on either side above the roof on the front porch isn't what I want it to be.  I've changed the material on the 2nd story exterior wall and stopped the wall at the floor.  I've specified the material for the 1st floor.  But still the 2nd story lap siding is on an area where there should be board & batten.  Am I doing something wrong?  I saved my work, quit the program and restarted as well, just to make sure that wasn't the issue.  

Screenshot 2019-02-16 13.25.53.png

There are several ways to fix this, but the cleanest is probably a Pony Wall.

When you click on that upper wall you will see how it drops down where the porch is. With a Pony Wall you can split that wall so it can have different materials top and bottom.

ct1.thumb.jpg.51096b9965c70f38cd7be1c03df46fdd.jpg