Wall Layer Display is Incorrect

rbaroni

I've managed to make some previous changes In the way wall layers display, but I can't figure out how to correct the situation.  When I zoom on a wall in floor plan view, the layers of wall, i.e. siding, etc. are blacked out by think colored lines.  image.thumb.png.6a8ea70550ac67d4182d78afd0ecd80e.pngThanks  for any suggestions.

It looks like you have show line weights on.

This dialog is from a newer version, so no help, but it shows the idea.

ht1.thumb.jpg.f6e1625a03a9db851b038f42aa41371f.jpg

Are you seeing this in plan too? There is a Show Line Weights toggle under one of the menus and maybe an icon on a toolbar.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I managed to get rid of the bold color lines that were over riding the wall display layers n the floorplan view, by resetting “Preferences” to Reset to Default.  I still though have the same image in the “Define Walls” page as I sent in, and these fat black lines are in no matter which type of wall type menu I display.  I now also notice that my exterior layer on the Floorplan ,  no longer shows “hatches colored angled lines going through the siding layer which made it easier to define?  I wasn’t able to find any icon that was remotely similar to what you displayed to turn off “line weighting”. 

If one just hits reply on the email, will it come into the forum posts?  Thanks again.

I appreciate the help, if the bold lines on the Wall type menu pages don't have any detrimental effects, I don't expect you to spend time on it.  One question from an earlier post about the situation where I had a blank spot of siding on my exterior wall.  You said to grab the wall and drag to cover the blank area.  In what view would I "grab & drag, I'm having trouble in that I can only seem to get siding over half the blank area.  Also, I did not understand the purpose of building with a room divider wall to build a small room.  Thank you for the help.  Accurate Terrain w New Final PlanA.plan

I've attached a copy of my plan.  

16 minutes ago, rbaroni said:

In what view would I "grab & drag

3D or elevation.

16 minutes ago, rbaroni said:

Also, I did not understand the purpose of building with a room divider wall to build a small room. 

Only as a way to eliminate the base trim showing on the exterior.

You are creating a room that is within the roof structure, so it's not seen.

Thanks again for your help.  I figured it out.  Under the "Display Options" menu, you can adjust the weight of the lines that appear in the "Define Wall" menu.  They were set at "35", not sure what that number refers to, but reducing the line weight to 5 or less fixed the issue.image.thumb.png.f54a39303da1d20c5cc31cebf44e18b6.png