Building a sunroom roof in HD 2016

BBruce

Thanks Eric. I'm a pretty novice user. Just trying to paint the picture of what I see in my head, while talking to builder and trades. We have architect drawings that show a shed roof along the entire run of the front porch, with a gable just over the door. On the back sunroom we will have a gable roof, cathedral ceiling, same pitch as the main roof. I just can't seem to figure out how to do either. I'm attaching the plan.

Fernwood_Sample.plan

#1.  Suite 2016 will not open a plan saved in Suite 2017.

#2. LawB10's second floor roof is NOT set at the correct eave height, and there are no steps explaining how to do ANY of it.

#3.  You have made the mistake most newbies make...you drew in all the interior walls and started decorating BEFORE you had the structure (roof) correct.

Jo_Ann,

What do you mean by "Correct eave height" ?? both the gable and eave overhangs are set to 24 and the primary pitch is 12".

The only real problem was that auto rebuild was turned off and the sunroom was called a deck.

The OP's plan was not bad, just some minor adjustments needed to made, there was no need to explain the steps

as the OP knew how to use the software.

What I would like for you to do is upload a plan that shows the "Correct eave height".

LawB10,

You are assuming too much.  The OP did not know that 'roof over this room' needed to be checked (sunroom)  to actually have a roof build over that room.

When the OP rebuilds the roof, everything is going to go haywire (thus requiring some backward steps), which are not explained.

When I said 'eave height', I was referring to the height of the 2nd floor walls where the roof rafters rest on the wall  (not the overhang or pitch).  Yours is set at about 4', whereas the OP'S is set at about 2'.

I could upload a plan, but it would be saved as a HDA2018 plan, which neither Suite2016 nor Suite 2017 could open.

LOL,

The OP managed to build without any help from the forum, he simply forgot auto rebuild was turned off.

The sunroom was named a Deck, simply changing the room type would have fix that issue,without fixing the

basement you would get an error message if you leave it as Deck.

The second floor has attic/storage rooms,with knee walls, unless that's how the house is I would not want to be

crawling on the floor to get in that room, also the doors are named pocket but they are doorways.

As for the ceiling heights you can change that to whatever you want it be, it may or may not work, it's the option you have.

Suite 2016 and 2017 opens Architectural 10, Suite 6 & 7 unless of course you forgot to edit your sig line. lol