Building SIP friendly design in Home Designer Pro 2017

54Buick

Is there a way in Home designer Pro 2017 to build in a SIP friendly format?  Specifically, is there a way to define the wall and roof panels to be set in 4' increments to match the standard metal SIP panel size? In working on the current plan, the program automatically makes small corrections to connect corners and such that keeps undoing my attempts to build using a 4 foot panel section.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to build the plan using the 4 foot panels to make it easier to quote the project.  Thanks in advance.

DaveW

p.s. also how do I add the version of HD pro to my signature line, since that seems to be the custom?  :)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Part of the issue is that I'm adding octagonal towers to the design and trying to keep those sections at 4 feet so that if a change occurs it is to the base wall and not the octagonal section.

Regards,

Dave

'for hexagons, octagons etc when setting their dimensions you set those in plan view in a clockwise or counterclockwise fashion, one to the next to get then equal to each other. You click on (select) the wall directly adjacent to the angled wall you wish to dimension, input the desired dimension and then move either clockwise or counterclockwise around the angled wall group until all dimensions are equal and as desired.

DJP

I was able to get the tower portion set out using the 4 foot increments to use 4 foot wall sections by building that separately.  I grouped the structure to move it in place to connect it to the rest of the plan.  When it was close to final position, the program automatically extended the existing walls to graft it into position, but in doing so changed the tower section wall lengths.  I think I've attached the plan.  It's a work in progress, but should give you an idea if that helps.  Working specifically on the bottom left corner atm.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave