Custom electrical detector

kaczmilk

I don't think you can get rid of the SD etc from H.Designer's detectors ( embedded in CAD Block?) but you can specify your own labels by opening the object and going to the Label Tab and putting in your own , you will need to turn on the correct layer to display the label in 2D plan views. This works best with Objects that don't already have a label eg the SD on smoke detectors.

Here is some security motion detectors I found on 3D warehouse and a Control Panel for the Alarm system , you can change the materials if you want to , their heights etc too , and on the label tab ,choose specify and put MD   ( motion detector) or SCP  ( for the security control Panel)  , once you place one and rename, you can copy and paste to other locations.

If Auto Labels is "on" you will see them labelled per their Library name , so you could change the items name to MD ,instead of motion detector , so you don't need to change it on the plan , if you can remember a name like MD in the library ,this way works fine too.

Then in display options , make sure to display the Labels for Fixtures.

Security-System_Detectors.calibz

post-25-0-32459000-1415256352_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-16242800-1415256456_thumb.jpg

Someone else may have a better method , new versions may have other capabilities.....

If you have Chief not Home Designer you will have other options too.... ( I see you posted on Chieftalk as well now? )

Mick.

Thanks for the answer. I think making a blank detector with different labels will do the job.

I just noticed that here are 2 forums and I posted twice! Google magic. Previously I thought that my post has been removed :)

P.S. Your motion detectors are perfect!