Sink not placing on Vanity

Bretkennedy74

can you do me a favor and stop just reply with this message? it gets really annoying. I have already said in my profile that I am using Home Designer Pro. 

I am on the HomeTalk Forum, the answer shouldn't be that difficult for people who have been using the software for longer than me. 

I was goofing around with this and what I found is that the sink in this situation places itself below the top of the cabinet. Even when I set the sink to be at the top of the counter, it sat below. May not be a bug other than the sink is set to default at a certain height. If you do a cut through view, you should see the sink "floating" in air in the cabinet. Then just change the height to where it needs to be and that should do it.

Your common denominator is the vanity cabinet you are stubbornly trying to use. If you abandon using that object and just use a standard cabinet, altered to appear (look like) the one you want you can then move ahead. Some sinks or cabinets made by other sources than Chief Architect Inc are not pre-programmed to work as expected and as you have seen. Use what works and abandon that which does not.

DJP

• 2 years later...