Elevation Views with Home Designer 2016

LauraWillow

I have a couple of questions.  I have Home Designer 2016.  I know I need to update, but I'm halfway through a project and I'm a little nervous that doing it now might alter my plans in some way.  I've been unable to figure out how to create the type of elevation view I'm looking for in this particular room.  It's a really large 3500 sf open room with various half walls and shelving features.  I'd love to be able to look at elevation views of small portions of the space (with measurements), but I'm only able to look at them in 3D without measurements, and it always includes the entire room.  I can't figure out how to just look at one portion of the wall.  The other issue I'm having is that the half walls I'm trying to look at don't go up to the ceiling of course, and when I open the elevation view, the 1/2 walls are transparent and I can't figure out why.  They're not marked as invisible when I open them.  I have so much to learn, and any insights anyone has about this would be greatly appreciated!

13 minutes ago, LauraWillow said:

I'd love to be able to look at elevation views of small portions of the space (with measurements),

Is zooming in not giving you what you need?

15 minutes ago, LauraWillow said:

I can't figure out how to just look at one portion of the wall.

Home Designer lacks this ability.

• Like 1

Ok, yes, I guess I'll zoom in and do a screen grab.  Thank you!  I've been trying to figure it out for a week without luck, so thanks for letting me know!  Do you know which program would allow me to do elevations of sections of walls?  Built ins, for example?  I think I need to upgrade.