Pilasters

RSWallace

Using Home Designer Architectural 2019. Trying to model pilasters on an existing house, so: a specific arrangement of fluted and plain "columns," bases, capitals, etc. If there were a catalog of pilasters, maybe I could find one close enough rather than build one, although that remains the ideal. Any suggestions how to proceed? Thanks,

Scott Wallace

image.thumb.png.873a11f5fe88078dbf01d05f60f9d290.png

I looked on the Home Designer website - Catalog downloads, you might try the "New England Classic" library, were there are wainscote panels you might be able to use to emulate pilasters. You can also try 3dwarehouse.com  and do a search there for "pilasters". If you find something, you can then download it and then import that as a symbol into Architectural for use in your plan file.

DJP

More helpful than I expected, thanks. My introduction to 3dwarehouse; found and downloaded a whole door assembly with pretty close pilasters (albeit with with an over-the-top [so to speak] pediment), but it's just an applique, not a working door. Also found a fluted column/capitol combo that's pretty close, which I think I'll experiment with. Thans again.