Deck Framing

Kevin_M

So I have a large deck drawn on the back of the house plan.  Everything has been fine with it, I recently added a few beams and joists along with posts to account for a hot tub, I wanted to make sure there was adequate support for the weight.  Since then I have noticed that now all the deck framing has disappeared completely.  The only other major thing I have changed since the last time I noticed the framing being there was modifying some of the framing on the walls of the house, however I wouldn't have thought that would have effected the deck at all.  Any ideas?  I can't seem to get it to recreate the deck framing now.

You should be able to select the deck space and then from the "Edit Toolbar" select rebuild deck framing to bring it back into view. Also, the Deck Framing layer may also be turned off in the plan view Display Options dialog or perhaps in a camera view Display Options dialog (which you can check per instance).

DJP

PS: you really should add your signature to your posts, saying that you have Home Designer Pro 3019 and perhaps a little about your PC or Mac

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You should be able to select the deck space and then from the "Edit Toolbar" select rebuild deck framing to bring it back into view. Also, the Deck Framing layer may also be turned off in the plan view Display Options dialog or perhaps in a camera view Display Options dialog (which you can check per instance).

DJP

PS: you really should add your signature to your posts, saying that you have Home Designer Pro 3019 and perhaps a little about your PC or Mac

Thank you for the help!  I totally didn't see the build framing button when the deck was selected.  I did loose my changes but that not to big of a deal to replicate again.  Any idea why it disappeared to begin with so I can avoid that again?

And you caught me in the process of adding my signature!  lol

The framing will disappear if you modify the framing in any way and turn off "auto rebuild" in the "deck" section when you select that room. I was given a nice tip from the customer service people that if you have an intricate set up with posts, beams and footings needing to be in a specific spot, and need to edit the deck for any reason. Go to the "display" options and turn off "deck framing". Then, use "Copy" and copy all of the items you need to remain. Then go back and rebuild your deck and then eliminate the items that you don't want to show. Then go to "Paste>hold position" and those items will be put back right where they were. Turn on the deck framing display again and see it all.

• Upvote 1