Rebuilding Foundation Failure

jamesowenweb

Architectural Home Designer 2015

(Honestly dont know a lot about my PC, just that it is WIndows 7 and runs Revit and NavisWorks just fine so plenty of memory and good video card)

So I am brand new to this software. Want to use it for simple planning.

My problem is this. When I draw out the exterior walls for my garage/wolrkshop, it goes fine (See first attachment). But when I go to the foundation view, you see the walls extend past the limits of the above grade exterior walls (Attachment 2). I tried to combat this by turning off auto rebuild foundation, and manually doing it, but that seems like unneccesary work.

In addition, the foundation walls do not line up with the exterior walls above. They appear to be lining up their exterior wall line with the interior wall line of the exterior walls above (whew!). I can manualy move them into place but again seems like more work that should be functioning in the program.

Thanks!

post-497-0-86520600-1414966346_thumb.png

post-497-0-04357500-1414966352_thumb.png

Just from the images you posted it is hard to be sure exactly what you did and why.

If you will make sure your settings are correct for the first floor and that "Edit - Default Settings - Foundation" are properly set for how you intend to build and then auto-build your foundation based upon proper settings then you would not get what you are showing us (it looks like you manually drew those foundation stem walls and then did not close or manually align them with the first floor walls (This is done automatically when you preset up your foundation settings and then just order it built under the "Build" menu).

The software will by default align the outer edge of stem walls to the outer edge of structural framing layers of the walls above unless you order them not to with custom settings or if you manually draw stem walls using the "Wall Tool" and then skip aligning them manually which looks to me like what you have done.

What did you actually do, I wonder?

Here is a link to a You Tube Video I made intended to help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l7L5gntl1A&feature=youtu.be

DJP