Why do I have such large foundations

Bretkennedy74

maybe my question wasn't a clear question. 

I don't really want to have such a large space between the footer and the bottom of the wall. I have gone through the videos and looked into foundation settings for walls but it is a little unclear why every wall i draw, either interior or exterior has this large concrete foundation. how do I reduce that so that it is smaller?

Bret

It looks like I can't set default setting to what I want to set them to and save them for future use? I have set the finished ceiling height to 96" a few times and then open up a new plan and it reverts back. Would I need to save a template so those things always open up every time I start a new plan?

A new plan would always use the default program settings. I have set up a master that I start all of my designs from. That way the plan starts with the defaults I want them to be and they can be then adjusted for the particular job I am working on. Then before I start changing things, I "save as" with what I want to title the job so the master doesn't get affected.

Exactly. Just "save as" and rename the new plan so you don't mess up your master. What I will do is close the new plan after I create it, so when you open the program back up, it will now be an option to select the new plan and then your changes become plan specific.

Another thing I do when doing an interior renovation project is draw an exterior block, then do the interior wall work inside that block. It helps keep doors as interior style and not exterior so you don't have to keep changing the styles, etc. Plus it will eliminate a foundation under the interior walls.