Study Reference Manual in HD Pro

RobynKS

Hi all When you answer my questions often you tell me what to look up in the reference manual and my sincere thanks for that. However as I am in Australia you are sometimes sleeping or it is your Sunday. What I need to know is :-

When I am watching a training video I like to refer to the reference manual. Is there a way to search the topic in the manual? 

Would I need to copy the manual into a work document so I can click "find" and type in the  word of what I am trying to find.

I cannot workout how to search in the PDF of the manual.

Many Thanks

Robyn

post-620-0-52902600-1414881165_thumb.png

I usually save-as or save the on line PDF Reference Manual to my hard drive, which from my point of veiw makes it easier to search for specific content. Try that and see if it works for you as well please.

With a PDF document or even just a browser window you can use the keyboard command "CTRL-F" and then search the document or web page. With a PDF file you can also "Advanced Search" using the keyboard command "Shift-CTRL-F" as well.

DJP

Once you have Opened the Reference Manual via the Help Menu item ,it is best to save a copy to My Document , then you can open it without downloading it each time from the internet, via a shortcut or "recent files" on the Adobe Reader "File" Menu.  

Once the manual is Open use the FIND bar to search for items in the manual ( enter term, hit enter)  and the right arrow to search for the next instance of the search (find) term or the left arrow to go back to the one just read.

I am using Adobe Reader 9.5.5  but most versions should look similar to this:

post-25-0-13279400-1414893268_thumb.jpg

I would suggest forgetting about the PDF.  It's clunky and hard to search.

Instead, click the Help menu and select the first option "Launch Help."  This displays the full Reference Manual and User Guide (the exact same info in the PDF, but presented much nicer, IMHO).

You can search by keyword on the "Index" tab, view each chapter on the "Contents" tab, or search by a phrase that might not have a keyword associated with it on the "Search" tab.  You can even make Bookmarks if there's a section you might want to return to later.

• Upvote 1

I think in 2015 Titles this is right Kat , but if you have an older version like me the "Help" isn't 100% the same as the Ref. Manual and it does not include the User Guide either but I am unsure when that changed actually. 

M.

I started with a version 7.0 HD program and it's always been the same as far as I know.