HD Pro 15 How can I refreash program

RobynKS

Go to solution Solved by RobynKS,

Hi all A few days ago when I typed "Tree" into the search bar of my library. Nothing came up. Then I tried Palms nothing came up. Support said they were not search word. In other words nothing is wrong with the program. But I know I have typed those words into the search bar before. So today I tried again and They came up with an answer. So this proves to me sometimes the HD pro program has fits. LOL.

As Technical support are unwilling to help, does anyone know how to refresh this program when it is having a bad hair day.

I ran my virus scan and a wonderful man from "Kaspersky Virus Software" took control of my computer and scanned it for me and checked for things working in the background. There was nothing wrong so he suggested to shut down and try again. I did this but the problem was still there. Yet today  when I put "tree and Palm" into the search bar,  there they were. I used to think it was my computer so my wonderful children purchased a new computer for me. The program seams to have bad hair days. Does anyone know how to refresh the program????

I do not enjoy posting negative statements but I do have an issue and I would like to find a solution.

post-620-0-86176900-1414786872_thumb.pngpost-620-0-69917100-1414786887_thumb.png

Whenever I get goofy behavior or simple commands and functions start to not comply, I save my work and reboot the software. This has been true from time to time since I started. It does not happen often but it does happen.

From plants, you will just have to learn the "Scientific Name" of plants and trees, that is how they are organized, I often use Wikipedia to find out what the name of an oak tree etc is and then look it up in the software.

Not fancy but it is workable within the way it is programmed to work.

DJP

• Solution

David you are a real gem. MANY THANKS. But I am blonde how do you reboot a program? Do you close down programs n computer? Or just the program.? Or gosh there is a storm coming must run we are at the beach it has been 40 degs here.

Yes ,close the program and reopen it , if it still has issues , close all programs and turn the computer off ,wait a couple mins and turn it back on again , and try HD Pro again.

I suspect that you either had a filter on the library ,see the very top of the library window ,  or after you loaded Pro on your new computer you tried searching while HD Pro was still trying to re-download all the library content from the internet again. If it is still doing it check that the Core Content and all Bonus Libraries have indeed been down loaded.

Mick.

• Upvote 1