Problem with creating a safety railing on exterior wall

Keith_K

There are sliding doors and floor to ceiling fixed glass windows in the wall  and I want to have the railing across the width of the opening.  I have managed to do this on the plan by using invisible walls along the shape of the railing and unchecking "floor under this room" but when I view in 3D it shows the floor.  You will see that the short ends of the invisible walls have butted up against the railing but the long section is a short distance away.  If I try and move the long section closer to the railing it deletes the railing completely.  Any suggestions?

railing plan.jpg

railing 3D.jpg

Barry plan.plan

Thanks Eric.  That worked but in doing so another problem was created. :wacko:

The programme decided to change the colour of the brickwork on the exterior wall for the full length of the window.  I also discovered that the ability to uncheck "Use exterior casing" has been greyed out so it can't be changed.  On checking the other door types default settings I found that this was the same for the interior and exterior doors, the doorway, the interior sliding door and the bi-fold door.  The facility is still available for the exterior sliding door, the pocket door and the garage door. 

Since starting this plan after my gap of two years I have noticed that the programme is behaving very oddly at times.  There have been no updates since I last used it as far as I can see and I'm wondering whether reinstalling will sort it out.  The problem with doing that is that I will have used up my reinstall allocation so if anything goes awry in the future I'll be stuffed.  Given that I hardly use it these days it's not worth the cost of getting the latest version.

While I'm here I like to take the opportunity of wishing you and yours a very happy and prosperous New Year and thank you for all the help you have given me over the years.

Bloody casing!.jpg