Unique 2nd floor and roof design

Walt-Novice

10 hours ago, Walt-Novice said:

Is this possible to design?

Yes, depending upon what actual software you actually have (what is that, please? Chief Architect creates Chief Architect Premier, Chief Architect Interiors, Home Designer Pro, Home Designer Architectural, Home Designer Suite, Home Designer Interiors, Home Designer Essentials, which one do you have?)

DJP

You need to rebuild the roof.

Set the ceiling height back down in the main space, set the ceiling height up in the bump out.

Build the roof, then set the ceilings back to their actual height.

Remember roofs build over walls and wall height is controlled by the ceiling height.

Well I decided to start over to get the basic dimensions more accurate and now I cannot get the roof right despite trying to follow your earlier guidance.  No mater what I do with the room walls, Open, enclosed-  I get an odd roof on the bump out.

Capture1-2-19.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I just cant seem to recreate my initial success.  See the attached.  The bump out roof seems to be stuck as a half gable and half hip.  How can I correct this without disrupting the other dimensions?  I have tried everything and rebuilt 3 times

1-11-19Capture.JPG

exterior.png

interior.png