"Explode" Auto Floating Dormer?

SeabeeMike

Thanks to some great help from the Forum (thanks David J Potter!!), I've lost my fear of manual roofs and, quite frankly, haven't missed Auto Roof whatsoever!

I have to admit I started out making this Gable element over the porch by manually adding the wall on the second floor, building a couple roof planes & setting everything up.  Only struggle was not being able to cut a "hole" in the main roof.  At that point, I decided to try the Auto Floating Dormer.  From what you can see, I have a 95% solution.  My only challenge is that the face of the fascia on the dormer roof should continue all the way down to the main roof rather than having a small piece of eave - see example.

I presumed I could manually manipulate the roof of the dormer to fix this but no luck.  Easy fix, such as Explode the dormer, or more challenging?

Thanks!

Front Porch Gable.jpg

Gable Dormer Example.jpeg

Villa Sogno - Dormer Test.plan

Edited by SeabeeMike
Typo

1 hour ago, SeabeeMike said:

Only struggle was not being able to cut a "hole" in the main roof. 

What was the issue?

Pro has that ability.

1 hour ago, SeabeeMike said:

My only challenge is that the face of the fascia on the dormer roof should continue all the way down to the main roof rather than having a small piece of eave - see example.

Explode the dormer -- drag walls as needed.

• Like 1