Print image is red

Pam922

I am trying to to print image from Floor Camera view. When I print it or export it to .jpeg it shows the perspective drawing in red and not the colors on my screen. I have just updated from Home Designer Interiors 2014 to Home Designer Professional 2015. I was able to print image and export using Home Designer Interiors 2014. I am a beginner with this software. 

post-963-0-51697600-1414557865_thumb.jpg

Check out this earlier thread which had a post on the same red tinged image export issue.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/791-reflections-in-mirrors/?p=4528

In short, it's a known issue with old drivers for some integrated Intel chipsets.  Update the driver, if one is available, to fix it.

If no newer driver is available, just do a screen capture instead of export to avoid running in to the Intel driver bug that's changing the color hue to something more on the red/pink/orange spectrum.

• Upvote 8

• 1 year later...

was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same problem.  Dollhouse view looks fine on the screen, but when I export to .jpeg it is red.  I too was able to do this before I upgraded to Home Designer Suite 2015.

Does it meet the System Requirements for running the software?  For example, what type of video card is on the system and when was its driver last updated?  (Check in the software in Preferences under Video Card Status.)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine does it, too. It's not a video card issue. The elevation looks fine on screen in the app. The exported JPG (PNG, W/E) is red. Same result printing the image from HD

Screengrab from HD Architectural 16.4.1.20x64

Red JPG Image produced by same

Are you absolutely sure it isn't a video card problem?

This used to be an issue with older integrated Intel chipsets using an outdated drivers. (In fact, this thread was started back in 2014 even though replying to it makes it float back up to the top).

• Upvote 1

Absolutely positive. It's portable from machine to machine. The dead giveaway is that it prints in red. A video card has absolutely nothing to do with printing. If it were video card, the print image should be ok. Or at least closer. Moreover, all renderings would be off. It's just the exported image - as my linked images show.

Absolutely positive. It's portable from machine to machine. The dead giveaway is that it prints in red. A video card has absolutely nothing to do with printing. If it were video card, the print image should be ok. Or at least closer. Moreover, all renderings would be off. It's just the exported image - as my linked images show.

I respectfully disagree, this was a known video card issue in the past and it was fixed by updating the driver.  The driver bug problem didn't affect on-screen display, only when exporting/printing the image.

That being said, however, it may be something different than what you are encountering now, and if that's the case, contacting the company's Support folks directly would probably be your best bet, then update this thread with their answer so that you may be able to help someone else with the same problem in the future.

• Upvote 1