Auto dimension clutter

rfcomm2k

I am going to generate dimensions for my home now, and based on past experience I am not going to be happy. Previous plans, when I generate either exterior or interior dimensions, the drawing becomes hopelessly cluttered. I have in the past had to go thru the drawing dimension by dimension, deleting duplicates where they were not needed. I cannot call out a specific example, but I could see a room with door and window and closet, and there will be two or more dimensions locating the window, and/or the door or even the walls.

It seems to me it might be easier to manually dimension it, but that may take as much time as deleting all the duplicates.

Are there any settings I am overlooking regarding automatic dimensions?

I always do automatic exterior dimensions and manual interior dimensions for that reason. Just run a string and then you can slide them up and down as needed. Plus you can grab dimensions individually along the string to relocate as needed. You can also set the interior dimensions to show only on rooms that have a user defined amount of square footage, though I have not had much success with that.