Networking.....

bert269

How do I connect CAT5 and CAT/TV connectors to each other - like the electrical wiring?

Is there a library where I can find other networking equipment setup, ie. Cable Modem, Routers, etc.

Further - how do I connect electrical from level 1 to level 2 ?

Thank you

Bert you need to update your Profile Sig. ( see Mine) so we know what Title and Year you have ,this information can affect the advice as they have different capabilities.

Cat5 boxes can be "connected" the same way as outlets are connected with the same tool > Build>Electrical>Connect electrical  in most titles.  ( also an icon on the Electrical menu mine is near the cabinet icon)  see chapeter 18 of your Reference Manual.

Check the libraries online at the website for any you don't have , you can also import sketchup file from 3D warehouse if needed   ( see import menu for file types for your title)

Usually Home runs to the electrical panel are not needed on the plan , (the electrician is aware of those) , the Elect. plan tells him where the panel is ( one in the library) but mostly it tells him where switches.outlets,two way switches, fans, dimmers etc are and low voltage items like Cat5e and Alarm Panels are placed.

Mick.

Mick

Thanks - I got my profile (signature) updated.

I also got the wiring for the CAT5/TV sorted out - all I need to do now is find an image of a router & modem and connect that to the CAT5 wiring.

Appreciated

Bert