CoinN

ColinN

The prog gives an error message when I try to turn the drawing into 3D.
This happens when I go to Create Camera View and make any of the choices there.
error Message Below
Assertion failed: A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in its current state. If you want to try saving your work, use Save As to create a new file. Please restart the program and contact Technical Support.

C:\p4sync\dev\Releases\20\chief\source\ChiefQtApplication.cpp(238): Error #272000999
"A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in its current state. If you want to try saving your work, use Save As to create a new file. Please restart the program and contact Technical Support."
11/30/2018 4:54:33 PM
Build: 20.3.0.54x64

Without having your file to study, no one can exactly know with certainty what is a miss. Post a copy of your plan for others to study if you wish actual help as opposed to guesses and opinions.

Generally speaking, the software application is purely mechanical and its error and warning messages are purely mechanical in nature. The camera tools do not "convert" anything, whether in plan view of camera views you are creating a fully 3D virtual construct. Camera tools depend basically upon the quality and functioning of your Video Card. New users often report visual problems because their video card does not fully support purely 3D applications like Chief Architect Premier and Home Designer software as listed here:https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01095/home-designer-minimum-system-requirements.html 

If your video card does meet minimum requirements then the next step is to manually update your software driver for that hardware to the latest version. This software is offered free of charge by the company that made your video card. You go to their website and download the proper driver for your hardware and that might help solve the lack of function. As the error message indicates you should also contact Home Designer Tech Support for additional help.

DJP

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The feedback here was so helpful. I was getting the same error and I was unable to utilize the 3D camera view. I was running the program on a laptop that didn't meet the graphics card and processor requirements. I went to the store and got a desktop computer (a "gaming computer") with a dedicated graphics card and all the other features and it WORKS!