Building Dormer Manually so walls align with dorma

RobynKS

Hi all a couple of people sent me a great tutorial on building dormers so the external wall and dormer walls line up without a roof passing in front. However the dormer roof aligns with the top of the main roof.

To day I saw a picture on chief architect website on how I want my dormers to look.

Is anyone familiar with this model and do you know where I find the info on how to build it.

Many thanks Robyn

PS Can we lower walls to bring the roof down.?? I tried adding a temporary wall around the dormer clicked inside and clicked openpost-620-0-07925600-1414544354_thumb.png but there is no wall dimension tool there.

check the Ref.Manual on Dormers , sounds like you just need to resize  the Dormer , the wall height specifically, it sounds likes since you want the front wall to stay over the exterior wall , lowering the height will pull the dormer down the roof.

Dormer 88" high

post-25-0-97554900-1414545751_thumb.jpg

Dormer 48" high

post-25-0-17653200-1414545770_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-60541200-1414545080_thumb.png

M.

Fairly easy to do it manually.

If you use the built in dormer tools, the resulting dormer can be exploded so individual items can be changed.

You can always change the roof plain directly to be whatever height you want (if manual or after exploding).

You have Pro Robyn so I just wanted to Clarify , that if you have Pro you can use the Auto Floating Dormer Tool and then manually edit the Roof plane in front of the Dormer to cut it out once the Dormer is exploded. Other titles because they can't cut  the roof plane manually with have to use the Manual Dormer methods.

post-25-0-93970600-1414578913_thumb.jpg