CATOMY

Hi all,

I'm a new user to HD Suite and really like the features. After hours of researching, watching videos and looking up other Q&A I still fail to create a smooth project.

Descriptions: the main house (2 levels for now) sits at 0m height. Back of terrain slopes up gradually to +2

In the front garden it should gradually fall to (1 flat area at -2m with a pool and pool house/fitness) and further down to road level at -4m.

Issues: spikes along the elevation areas

Can't get the drive way to go gradually up to -3,2m where the garages should be located.

Along the drive way I would like terraced structures rather than a slope

Right at the front of the garden there should be a 1m high wall above the road level from where the garden starts. In the garden I would like to use a combination of sloes and retaining walls with steps.

Any help is welcome.

Attached are the plan and an overview of what I would like to achieve.

Thanks!

Morje V1.plan

Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 21.04.51.png

As David said, less is sometimes better.

I see a lot of terrain stuff that should be deleted.

Also, you say the garage region should be -3.2m, but it is set at -3.6m in your plan.

Is the separate garage structure really embedded into the slope?

You don't have any reference for where to send the stair unit ( a front door, or porch).

image.thumb.png.48110022d38e0b71b030651114fc39d7.png

Hi David / Jo-Ann,

Thanks for trying so quick to solve the issues.

I have attached a new plan that gets rid of all the clutter and elevation lines (only regions).

As you can see, I'm getting closer (test.plan)

Its not final, it's only an example to show what I'm trying to achieve with the driveway and the surrounding land.

What I don't understand is the fine tuning of regions and walls to avoid those spikes. 

How can I work out the steps to main level (already in place but hidden by land)?

I have attached a few drawings from the house that we're planning. All is in meters and will give a better view of the plan.

Thanks

test.plan.zip

Front cut.pdf

lyssens1_situ.pdf

Side cut.pdf

Spikes are caused by terrain elevation objects being too close to each other generally; also using the "Flatten Pad" command can cause spikes around the edges of a structure; I have abandoned using retaining walls where the terrain is complicated as they are too sensitive to elevation changes. As I mentioned in the video, I use instead, custom slabs, showing a stepped approach to apparent retaining walls. It just makes finishing up less complicated, especially in Suite, Architectural, Essentials, and Interiors.

DJP

Hi David / Jo-Ann,

Thanks again for replying.

Jo-Ann, sorry. I tried it but have no idea how to make it look nice once I cut out a hole.

The step should go from the garage level to the back of the house (at zero level) where the main entrance will be.

David. I've watched your video a few more times. I have also played around with sales a bit (see test plan attached) which seems to give me lots more freedom on different land features without the retaining walls.

Is this the way to continue and rebuild the land complete on the original project?

My only concern is dressing the "walls/slabs" from the side on each level (as I did with a terrain curb). Once they connect, they act as one (see test.plan)

BTW: In you video the slope in the from garden / road is caused by another retaining wall.

Can I maybe ask you both what the recommendation is to start my project. See attached an easier view of the plan (see Morje.plan)

Could you maybe draw something very simple as an example?

Sorry to keep bugging you but I would like to know if I'm on the right way before wasting too much time with the rest of the project.

Thanks

test.plan

Morje V1.plan

You need to stop fixating on the landscape for now, and focus on the house.
Too many landscape attributes will bog down your video card.

By the way, the terrain building pad ( you set it at 0mm) should NOT be the same as structure floor (c) 0mm in the house  (change the building pad, NOT the house floor).   Carefully read the first line in the terrain building pad dbx.

You need to add an elevation line (-3000mm) at the terrain retaining wall at the street.

Practice drawing stairs.  Study them in your reference manual,  and also the knowledge base.

• Upvote 1