Roof Problem

jwbassgarl

Hello all. I need some help modeling my roof. I have added a second floor over the garage but It created a double roof. See the attachment. I am trying to create a single roof over the whole house but everything I've tried does not work (rebuilt roofs & roof planes, changed 2nd floor height, reset plan to defaults - done all of these numerous times). I've searched the forum but could not find anything that would help.

Any ideas how I can  eliminate the the lower roof? I'm using HD pro 2019 build 20.3.0.54x64.

Capture.JPG

Edited by jwbassgarl
Left out HDP info

16 minutes ago, jwbassgarl said:

but then the upper floor will not show in Doll House view,

There are 2 ways around this. 

1) Turn off the display of roof planes. (Layer Display Options).

2) Turn off Auto Rebuild Roofs, select all the roof planes and click the Display On Floor Above icon in the Edit Toolbar.

Uncheck ignore 2nd floor and lower the ceiling heights to 0" on the second floor, delete the bumpout and make that wall one complete wall (stairwell) change the interior walls

to exterior walls.

On the first floor change the Garage ceiling heights to its defaults. Go to the catalogs and click Architectural>windows>rounded>quarter, click and install, then change

to broken Arch and change the arch height.

Now uncheck auto rebuild roofs and check default ceiling heights for the second floor, use the full camera to see what happens.