connecting gabled roof structures

TripleD

Using Home design Architectural 2019

I'm have difficulty inputting  the roofs for an existing house. The structure was built by connecting two rectangle that have a 12 ft section that is common.

attached is the file of a mock up.  and the plan of the actual structure

the roofs actually are a full gable on the front section both ends  the back section roof is a full gable on the right end and has a dutch gable on the end with the double window,  but has a small gable that is on the back side above the small window

image.thumb.png.0d610731237390a85da8b08fd07462cd.png   image.thumb.png.47a7b4436f1bba3353b73880b04d3868.pngimage.thumb.png.218e2fe3183159f04dfc01a58b964a0a.png  

I want to take out the section of gabled roof that connect the two structures (the high section)

Also is there a way to freeze the current structure,  then start the remodel in the Home design architectural 2019 

any help would be appreciated.

farm house base.plan with rooms.plan

roof view of farm house layout.plan

Looking at the posted pictures, it is obvious that the roof is a much shallower pitch than the plan that you posted.

Also, what is the real overhang depth?

Obviously, the ceiling heights in your posted plan are much higher than the real ceiling height.

Ceiling height (both the house and garage), roof pitch, and overhang depth, are important in configuring the roof.

The eave height of the roof depends on correct ceiling heights. 

You need to fix these things in the plan, then re-post the plan.

the roof as shown is 3/12 with 24" overhang   the plan is 8/12   the roof will be modified to 8/12   with 24 "eaves 

actual 8'  plan 9'

both the actual and plans   the house and garage have the same eave heights    respectively.   

what I'm trying to do in the plan is get rid of the gable that encompasses both the from and back strures.

You are saying that you plan to tear off the roof and raise the ceilings to 107 5/8", and use a new roof pitch of 8/12?

Your plan is using a pitch of 6/12.

Does the garage floor sit lower than the rooms directly next to it? (withing the garage rectangle).

I'm trying to explain to you that these settings are important, in order to get rid of that gable.

The plan with the 6/12 pitch the elevation of the top plate though out (house and garage) is the same ,rough ceiling height . Are you saying they need to be different?

Can the pitch be different for the garage area than the rest or the house?     The area where the large gable is located is going to be 6/12

the garage floor is the same as the rest of the house