Final view vs normal view

warrenwest

Hello all,

I have been using HD pro quite intensively now or the last month or so and now I'm nearing the end of my project. I have been using 'normal view' when designing the interiors but now I would like to clean up the images for a smoother more realistic look.

However when I choose the final view setting there is absolutely zero difference ! when I choose final view with shadows, yes, I get shadows but nothing else.

What am I doing wrong? 

W

perhaps nothing if the settings in Preferences>Render are already maxed out for Standard View in the Preview section but normally the max triangle size is 60" and in final view it is 24" , you can also turn on hardware edge smoothing at the top , if not setup and play with the software edge smoothing settings too , they are usually 0% on preview and 80% for Final view . 

Click on the Help Button (bottom Right) in the Preference Render page window to bring up the help/settings page for explanations 

PS You know HD Pro doesn't do Photo Realistic Render like Chief right ? 

post-25-0-04620900-1414538385_thumb.jpg

Mick.

Hi Mick,

Thanks again for the input. I have read through the help and played with my settings, even maxing them out with little improvement. I also downloaded Chief Interiors trial version to compare and I get no ' photo realistic '  effects what so ever. In fact there is almost nothing in CA Interiors that will convince me to upgrade. Am I missing something here?

I also downloaded Chief Interiors trial version to compare and I get no ' photo realistic '  effects what so ever. In fact there is almost nothing in CA Interiors that will convince me to upgrade. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing something, and it's called Ray Tracing, not available in Pro, but it should be available in the trial version of Interiors.

• Upvote 1

Check out some of the recommendations on ChiefTalk for settings you might need to adjust in order to make the materials, lighting and ray trace settings create photo-realism for the view.  Also, I believe the trial version has the full Reference Manual under it's Help menu which would include information on ray tracing.

• Upvote 1

Only Chief has ray tracing and the ability to export 3D Models to use in 3rd Party Render Software Such as Blender (free) ,3DMax etc.

Interiors does have RT , but not sure if it is enabled in the Trial or not?

Ray tracing is a bit of an Art , see Jintu's (Chiefer) Posts on ChiefTalk some are pretty amazing eg this pic of a Milan Loft , note he is an Expert in 3D rendering though.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2498-looking-for-fast-pc-for-vray-render-of-milan-loft/#entry20216

Mick