3D View Floor

JimAlsup

Hello,

Attached is a screen shot (capture.png) showing a foundation 3D view.  Note how there looks to be a gap between the 4x8 joist and the plywood flooring.  The floor structure is spec'd at 8" (7 1/4" and 3/4" plywood) so the plywood should sit directly on the 4x8 joist (3 1/2 x 7 1/4 actual).  Screen shots of relevant dialogs and a simple .plan file are attached.  Seems like I must be specing something wrong, but I don't see what.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Capture.PNG

temp1.plan

d1.PNG

d2.PNG

Eric,

Hmm, thought I had a signature in place, but I now see they're different forums for the different products and for some reason separate profile data.

I've attached a section view pic.  The tape measure tool shows the space between the top of the joist and top of the floor (not including the interior flooring) to be 2".  Should be 3/4".  I did consult the online help on these dialogs, but came up empty. 

Jim

c1.PNG

ht1.thumb.jpg.12cf94506ede3469cfc50ea36663c0a7.jpg

It looks like you have manually placed a beam within the floor structure, and I'm guessing that's what you are looking at.

The Tape Measure tool is often not the best tool to use when you want a precise measurement. See my image above showing actual measurements.

The program is building the floor structure just as you instructed, using I-joist and using the beam you drew in. Do a Perspective Framing Overview to see.

9 hours ago, JimAlsup said:

The floor structure is spec'd at 8" (7 1/4" and 3/4" plywood) so the plywood should sit directly on the 4x8 joist (3 1/2 x 7 1/4 actual).

You need to tell the program to build the floor with the 4x8 lumber joist and you will get this.

ht2.thumb.jpg.0b4c141c4654bf5efba3b67bb2e04744.jpg

Hello Eric,

Yes, you are correct.  What I was missing was the sill plate.  I just never saw that displayed and assumed HDP was just using the stem wall top as the plate.  I found a display setting, enabled it, adjusted my girder/joist to land on it and everything is good.  Note sure why HDP thinks that not displaying the sill plate by default is a good idea.

Thank you,

Jim