Cameras in main plan view

Chuck767

Eric

I looked in the preferences for cameras and could not find anything that would Allow me to hide the cameras in the plan view 

In the display option, The cameras still show No matter If the camera is  checked or not check 

Any other suggestions? Or, am I missing something here?

Chuck

Eric, 

I followed your video precisely And I still can't make the cameras disappear on the plan view. 

I don't know what's going on but I cannot make them go away   

I can see your cameras disappear When you go through That check off sequence 

Unless somebody has any other ideas It looks like I will have to call tech support.  

Thanks again, Chuck 

If a camera is actively open you cannot make that camera not show in plan view while still open. You can turn off "Cameras. Inactive" in "Display Options" but they must be "inactive" for that action to be carried out. There are NO other options, if you do not want to see them in plan view, close the camera view (which will make the camera icon "inactive" and then turn off that layer "cameras, inactive" to make them completely invisible in plan view).

DJP

I  David,

It seems no matter what I do, the only way I can get the cameras to  not show on the plan View is to manually  eliminate them. 

I’m relatively new to this program and I thought  The camera views would update if I’ve made changes in the plan view.   So if I   Eliminate the cameras in the plan view my layout views will not be updated. 

I Created a sample plan and tried several things with the camera and ended up having the same situation  as in the plan that I have been working with, It has about 25 cameras Icons. 

So I really don’t understand what’s going on here.   

Maybe I have a corrupt installation of home designer 

Thanks for the help,

Chuck 

Elevation and cross-section cameras MUST be manually updated, you open the view in layout by double-clicking on it and then once opened you close it and allow it to update to the layout, or you can also select a cross-section or elevation camera view on a layout page and then while selected, left-click on the tool icon in the Edit Toolbar that says "Update View". Only plan views "Automatically" Update as you make changes. Render and other isometric camera views CANNOT be updated but only deleted and resent in a new unit of time.

It was not clear what you were asking EXACTLY earlier by your first posted questions. I hope this clarifies matters a bit.

DJP

David,
Thanks for your detailed post. 

Relative to your comment, “you open the view in layout by double-clicking on it and then once opened you close it and allow it to update to the layout,” this just doesn’t happen when I do this, ie, no update occurs

Relative to “ or you can also select a cross-section or elevation camera view on a layout page and then while selected, left-click on the tool icon in the Edit Toolbar that says "Update View". “. My edit toolbar does not have an “update view.”. See attached photo. 

I was able to Update the layout section view By  left clicking on the section review, then right clicking it. 

This allowed a drop-down menu that had  “update view “. Clicking this updated my section. I also noticed in the lower left corner of the screen the same update icon which I did not recognize previously.

So I understand how to update sections on the layout pages 

And it sounds like there is no way to HIDE the cameras in the plan views. 

With Manny section reviews on my plan view things get a little confusing with all the liens and I sure wish there was a way to hide these lines. 

Thanks again,
Chuck

0C96F2B0-F0F1-4EC8-B47B-19D2D3DE51A0.jpeg