Made a foundation plan but now my walls are also foundation?

George-Costanza

Hi,

What did I do wrong? I made a foundation plan but now on level 1 there are walls that also show as foundation walls.

If I delete the walls on level 1 the foundation on level 0 disappears.

I tried manually opening each wall object on level 1 and unchecking the footer and also selecting Siding-6 so the walls look like exterior walls, but Home Designer still calls the foundation walls rather than exterior walls.

When I started my layout I did not select a level, but I did select a foundation wall rather than a exterior wall.

Where did I go wrong?

Can I fix this?

Thank you.

Home Designer Architectural 2019 Build 20.3.0.54x64

foundation_01a.jpg

foundation_01b.jpg

Each foundation wall must be in perfect alignment with first floor walls, if the foundation walls are a little outside of where they should be relative to the first floor walls, they will cover them up as in your posted image. Manually align using the alignment tool provided in your "Edit Toolbar", the foundation walls, one at a time with the first floor walls and that should take care of the problem. It is just the pre-programmed behavior of objects you are viewing. When the foundation walls ARE aligned properly with the first floor walls, the unwanted outcome with also go away.

DJP

• Like 1

Thank you for the suggestions.

The thing is, I never actually drew any first floor walls. I specifically drew foundation walls while copying from an old foundation blueprint of a foundation.

In other words either the first floor "walls" that look like a second foundation, or the actual foundation walls, just appeared. I drew everything in plan view, thinking I was working on a foundation plan, and did not notice this until I was finished with the foundation.

I just tested with a new project, and see that I did not have a choice to begin drawing the foundation on the 0 level, so I guess what I did was draw a foundation wall on the first level and then HD auto populated the actual foundation below the wall I was drawing. So, what I am calling the foundation is not what I drew, but is what I wanted.

I guess I should have started with an exterior wall, but this project is focused on the foundation design so I started there.

I have now drawn exterior walls in the level 1 of the project. They seemed to snap to the foundation, and the 3D views showed that the exterior walls replaced the extra foundation style walls. 

Doing this caused numerous small changes in the dimensions, but I was able to go in and coax the desired dimensions back to the desired layout.

Thank you for the suggestions David.