Partially Finished Basement

Kilroy164

Greetings all,

I have searched both the knowledge base and here on the forum to no avail. I have a basement which is partially finished and partially unfinished (storage/utility areas) I am trying to find out how to make the unfinished areas appear as such (unfinished) in the 3D rendering. (shows the framing on the unfinished side and drywall on the finished side -- as it would appear in real life). Also there should be no ceiling in the unfinished portion.

Any suggestions?  

Thank You,

Kilroy

Home Designer Pro 2019 (MAC)

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.54.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.55.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.55.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.56.27 PM.png

Create a new wall type without drywall on one side. I do it all the time, as I do a lot of basement conversion projects. One tip is to change the "fill" to a different pattern when you name it so you can keep them separate. Simplest is to copy the interior wall type it will be (4 or 6). Then go to the wall type and copy-then name it. Delete the layer of drywall you don't want. You will have to play around with the materials when you go to view it. Often the studs won't show, yet you will see "fir framing" as the material. Hope this helps?

Thanks Keith,

I'll give that a try. I tried playing around with the wall types but just caused a bunch of problems with existing walls. I clearly need to spend some more time working on it. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Kilroy