Water table woes and foundation question

YankeeBob

I'm at a loss to understand why I can't get a water table aka roof return to show correctly.  The picture shows a short return on right side but nothing I do causes anything else to show.  You can ignore the rest of the plan as ';m just working on the garage and connector to show design options.  Garage will have storage room above and stairs eventually,  Any ideas?

The other question is about the garage elevation for the foundation.  I'd like it to show as level with the existing footing and then adjust slab to be at grade which will be approximately 18" above top of footing. 

Souder latest revision 2.pdf

garage.jpg

Souder garage addition.plan

In the meantime you should create a "Terrain plane" to establish a virtual grade, adjusting the terrain plane object to the plan file structure. Then you can raise or lower the garage floor via its Structure Tab of the Room Specification Dialog and its footings relative to the virtual grade and the "Zero" of the first-floor level to obtain the relationships you desire. I would not put much attention upon the footing height as that is the Provence of State Licensed Structural Engineers to adjudicate and assign IMHO.

DJP