Partial Basements

bbimuyi

Hello,

I am trying to create a partial basement within one room. So 25% Basement with 75% Slab. The only way I see a way of doing this is creating a main room and then adjoin it with a garage that has a negative value. Hoping theres a better way.

Thanks

Thanks David. What I have is a single structure 50/30 feet that will have both a partial basement of around 15/30 and the rest will be a slab. Normally configuring the foundation you either create a continuous slab or a basement or a crawl space. I want a hybrid where there is both a partial basement and a slab. There are no fundamental rooms in this model by the way

Trev

Thank you but all you have done is to restate, almost in the same words what you have already said. A basement has a slab, period otherwise it is not a basement but just a crawl space, that is the confusing words you choose. Do you want a basement, which has a concrete floor or do you want a crawl space that has no floor? Is this to be a "Walk Out" basement where part is underground and part is not? In order for anyone to help you in some detail, they would have to have more data and understanding than you have, so far delivered, sorry.

I have been designing custom homes and remodeling across the USA for over twenty years professionally, I can and will help you if you can help me understand what you want to do. A sketch image would help a lot as well as more and different words that do not seem to conflict one with the other.

DJP