Trim cap on top of pony wall?

SeabeeMike

All my exterior walls are defined as horizontal siding above (Siding-6) with stack stone pony wall below (Stone-6 Pony Wall).  Is there any way to add a 5 1/2" tall trim piece between the siding and stone? The only way I can think of is to create individual Soffit pieces and manually apply them to the walls - very labor intensive!

I realize the sample below actually has a small trim piece at the top and bottom of the trim board. I'm only looking for a single 5 1/2" tall piece.

Thanks!

Trim on Pony Wall.jpg

Home Designer is really limited when modeling these type of features.

You can use a Wall Covering applied wall by wall, or via the Exterior Room to do the entire house. 

A out of the box way using moldings is to create a single room around the entire building, defined with room divider walls and set as Open Below, no roof etc. Apply a base molding in this room, changing the height to be as required.

• Like 1

You can use custom made slabs in HD Pro and then manually place these to represent trims and other simple Architectural applications, After obtaining the shape and dimensions intended you then manually set the custom objects material. It is true that Chief Architect Premier offers more and easier choices in this area but Home Designer Pro does have custom tools for some of these types of constructs and appliques, you just know your tools and what you can make them do to accomplish your purposes.

DJP

• Like 1

How tall is the stone wall ?

Do you really want just a trim board on the siding 6, or a cap on the top of the stone wall ?  The pic shows a cap on the stone wall, and most stone walls have a cap.

I think that a soffit is a good choice, but I have another idea.  :rolleyes: