Can not place trusses

bddemers

2 Questions:

1. Building a simple detached, covered patio. I want to design the trusses to look like I want. I am trying to place the trusses and have the roof planes built and in place. I have posts and beams set up. I am getting this error....Could not create a roof truss at this location because no roof planes were found. Would you like to create a general framing member instead?

I even tried to build regular exterior walls and place the trusses and still get the same error. What am I doing wrong?

2. I have a detached Garage with a second story. When I selected the Garage and then added the second floor, it added a second floor to my house. How do I stop that from happening? Thanks for any help. :) 

5bc795301d4d9_ScreenShot2018-10-17at3_49_22PM.thumb.png.277e85e6cf7c22dced4dfdcf9a408508.pngSchluersburg PLAN D OCT '18.plan

I bet the Help system and Knowledge Base have info on trusses.

22 minutes ago, bddemers said:

I have a detached Garage with a second story. When I selected the Garage and then added the second floor, it added a second floor to my house. How do I stop that from happening? Thanks for any help.

You don't. Just delete the walls you don't want.

In order to manually build trusses, using the manual Truss tool you MUST have a "flat ceiling" in place by way of the room specification dialog (no ceiling equals no trusses possible). When the ceiling and roofs are in place only then can you, using the manual truss tool, create and place roof trusses. The truss tool is pre-programmed to use the void between the ceiling and the roof planes to use to fill that void with trusses (it will not work if there is no flat ceiling). If you do not need or want the roof rake (end) walls, then mark them "Invisible" and in Display Options for camera views turn ON framing, otherwise it is by Default, not visible unless you manually turn its layers on.

DJP