Gable roof line tool not working

AlexT8113

I followed the gable roof line tool video to create two gable roof lines (one automatic over a window through the icon in the bottom bar, one creating a gable roof line along a hip wall). Neither of those did anything after building the automatic roof again. I can not figure out why the gables are not created. Any help would be appreciated. I use Pro 2019.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Thank you very much David for taking the time to capture your video for me! I definitely could have used the manual creation, as I have not touched that part of the software yet! LOL! I tried my hardest to stay away from manual, trusting that the automated roof tool would take framing restrictions into consideration better than my manual changes would. I fixed most of my roof to make the automated tool work until this silly little gable. I don't understand why the automatic gable roof line tool does not work.I was also worried about loosing my manual work on the roof after regenerating it later, but I think I found checks that allow me to keep my manual modifications, so I feel a little better about starting to doing roof manually now that most of it is done well. Thanks again for your help. If anyone else has a way to make the gable roof line tool work, I am still a taker on that ;-)

I tried using the gable roof line tool on a brand new simple four wall plan, and it worked on there, until I changed the main roof pitch to a 3 on 12. Then the gable disappeared. It came back when I changed the pitch back to 8. So it is definitely related to my plan, but not to my roof pitch, because I tried to create a second one on my hip 10 on 12 roof section, and it still did not generate.... Either way, if it does not work on a 3 on 12, I am out of luck, since that's what I want on my porch roof... I guess I will have to learn how to create it manually. 

Looks nice! Might steal some of the choices you've made on it, but my client wants a unique, as away from cookie cutter as possible, so I tried! :-)

Working on the manual roof right now... Not easy for my first, but like everything, a little practice, and I hope to feel the same you do about them soon.

I still would love to learn which option I selected in my plan that makes the gable roof line tool dysfunctional.

Thanks