Locked out!

Jon_Reno

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

When I tried starting CA Arch 2015 tonight there was an update available, so I followed that path (I doubt I'll be doing THAT again!).

Now I am locked out.  It wants my key, which is still in my computer, so I have given it.

It tells me that the program is active on another computer, not this one, and I need to deactivate it on the other computer.  This is impossible, though, since I have not activated the prog on any other computer.  The other option seems to go to customer support, which I cannot because the CS login is not recognizing my valid password!  (I have it written down, so I know it's correct)

I mean, I gave it my key.  WTH is all this other nonsense?  I'm not sure where my program disc is ATM; I have quite a lot of stuff packed up in boxes, as I am having a reno done here.

I cannot afford having this $200 program die on me, especially since my contractor is finally here and I need my drawings.

Would appreciate any help. This is in the wrong forum, but I cannot access custgomer support.

Update:  I can log into my account from the 'deactivate computer' dialogue.  It says I have no active licenses.  Huh?  :/

BUT - I cannot log into customer support using the same username and password.

This 'rights management' jazz has gotten out of hand, I'd say.

Solved, by submitting a ticket, which was immediately taken care of by support.  :-)  Thanks, John!

Sorry for my earlier ranting, LOL

Kbird, thanks for the suggestion.  Restore didn't do it, but it didn't hurt anything either.  The problem was evidently server-side, not local.  Customer support deactivated my acct., after which I was able to re-activate & go on down the road.

Makes me wonder if there is some sort of built in time out, beyond which time one must reactivate.  Maybe just a glitch, who knows?