Two walls good - two walls not - Fireplace Chase up to sloped ceiling

SeabeeMike

I've searched a number of posts regarding walls above the original room ceiling height and up to the sloped ceiling (made with the Soffit Tool) but still struggling with this strange anomaly.  I'm not sure how four walls, all drawn at the same time, can end up different.  I also find it interesting that when I select the correct walls in 3D view, they are actually two separate pieces of wall, the piece from floor to original ceiling height and another piece from that old ceiling height line up to the soffit.

As far as I can see, all four walls have the same settings.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Thanks to Jo_Ann for the easy tip to remove the base molding around the chase walls.

Missing Upper Left Wall.jpg

Missing Upper Back and Right (Left Inside) Walls.jpg

Missing Upper Walls.plan

You're welcome, Mike.  :D

Maybe it has something to do with the "no wall definition"?  I don't know.
Walls behave oddly, sometimes.  For example  (when opened in HDA 2018)  the  gable porch wall at the front of the house extends it's attic wall over the bedroom next to it (as it should).
But when opened in PRO 2019, the attic wall is not extended, and has to be drawn in manually??  :wacko:

Suggestion:  Your back "room" has been set as a "porch" room type, and you have selected it's flooring material as "plank03 decking".   If this is really supposed to be a "deck",  then it's room type should be set as a "deck"  and the floor finish material should be set as one of the "wood" texture materials.  It will look much better.  :)

• Upvote 1

Another suggestion:

I see that you have created a new wall type for the stone fireplace walls (stone-4).  It is not realistic.

Most stone veneers are listed at 1.5" to 2" thick (not .5", as you set it).  Most likely, cement backer board (at least .5" ?) will also be needed.

Eric (Solver) would know how that wall should be built (maybe he will chime in), assuming the fireplace is going to be a gas fireplace.

• Upvote 1