multiple shed roof design

cookster

Thanks. I'll try.

The house (viewing from the front) has a center section, which is 46' wide, with wings projecting forward on both sides. I'd like the roof over the 46' section to be higher than the wings. ( like it is over the porch in attached, but even taller and over the whole 46' )   I've tried wall breaks to no avail. Still trying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

92718.plan

Ditto what Eric said.
You have not followed the guide rules, and you need to clean up the mess.

You can NOT have a roof eave overhang set at 1/4"!  The roof will not cut off the attic wall.  I'm thinking that this is why your attic walls are invisible?  WRONG WAY!

With that being said, if this is what you are trying to do, my preferred method is this:

Build a second floor (set as "BLANK" in the dialog box that appears) and set the ceiling height  (which sets the roof height) that you want the roof to build above the 1st floor.   Turn ON the floor reference tool, and draw each wall. Then make sure the new walls are "aligned with wall below".  
Set each wall roof tab (gable, high shed gable).  I'm presuming that you also want this "room" set as "open below".

image.thumb.png.ca2869080c137fe5517d87be37602bf9.png       image.thumb.png.1a8342ae2feaa3d40bec954b67f0dca2.png

Wow! Thank you for both the well deserved scolding and the recommendations for fixes! I jumped in without really doing my homework, thinking I could trial and error my way through this. Apparently I was wrong. I'll view the suggested help info. THANK YOU!

• 10 months later...