Duplicate dimensions

Ross-Kzoo

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Like Eric said, you can delete dimensions, manual or automatic for the entire plan and start over or just delete them on a single floor using "Edit - Delete Objects" dialog, you can also just select dimension strings and delete that single, selected string or manually edit any dimension string, your choice.

DJP

where are you seeing double dimensions? I downloaded the plan and the basement doesn't appear to have any, like under the 15'1" in your pic, but it looks like you deleted the exterior ones so I used auto ext. dims. to add them back and see nothing strange. the garage appears to have double interior dims was that you or the auto int. dim setting? I used 2015 Trial as Pro 10 wont open this file BTW. 

turning off some off the options for what the int. dims locate may help eliminate some dims. so it's not so cluttered, and you have some manual dims in there too ,eg the bathroom and the bedroom doors under it, they btw wont have a 2" stud in between them.

Do basement walls not need to be furred out /insulated/drywalled   where you are?

post-25-0-49085600-1414090399_thumb.jpg

edit:  after deleting you interior dims to see the manual ones left I got the double int. dims too now :(

post-25-0-07523000-1414091005_thumb.jpg

Well I just opened it up again and I now have a single set of dimensions, What a hoot!

I know that  I set the parameters of the dimensions but I don't remember where.

Yes there will be studded walls in the lower level. This is in the frozen north, Michigan.

yep freshly opened the file looks fine , who knows about tomorrow :) you should report a bug I think and send the file in so they can duplicate it or refer them to this thread.

Dims are set in the Edit>Defaults>Dimensions DBX usually  ( the icon that looks like a wrench tool  too)

Yep Mi is colder than here so was wondering why I see no studwall around the basement room's exterior walls ( which will change the dims of course)

M.

I got hold of the technical support this afternoon and here's what I found out. I had clicked the auto interior dimensions, then I proceeded to "adjust" the dimensions to put them in a more logical place. I then turned the display for dimensions off. Then at a later date I must have clicked auto interior dimensions again. The old relocated dimensions were remembered along with the new "standard" dimensions. That gave me the multiple dimensions for the interior.

• Solution

hmmmm wonder why after a full delete they were still being "remembered"  ?  was happening to me too....bit weird...

M.

ok ... I was able to recreate that with your info , once you move an "auto" dimension it becomes a "manual" dimension

so does not get deleted when you do an edit>delete objects>auto dims.  you also need to delete manual dimensions which might be a problem if you already added lots of dims manually yourself though, in which case i'd delete the auto dims again and leave it alone :)  , you can test it with a simple 20'x20' box "house" for yourself.

thanks for posting back , info is sure to help others...

M

hmmmm wonder why after a full delete they were still being "remembered"  ?  was happening to me too....bit weird...

M.

ok ... I was able to recreate that with your info , once you move an "auto" dimension it becomes a "manual" dimension

so does not get deleted when you do an edit>delete objects>auto dims.  you also need to delete manual dimensions which might be a problem if you already added lots of dims manually yourself though, in which case i'd delete the auto dims again and leave it alone :)  , you can test it with a simple 20'x20' box "house" for yourself.

thanks for posting back , info is sure to help others...

M

Sorry, I forgot to add what I highlighted in your post.