Wall elevation view

JamesR

I'm having an issue with wall elevation view. When I position the camera towards a wall, it opens a new tab, but its blank. Before I get into more details and/or post my file, quick question. Is there a restriction on using the wall elevation in the basement floor?

Thanks,

--Jamie

You may have found a bug.

Try this. Switch to the Wall Elevation.

In Layer Display Options, Select All, then set all to display. You should see the wall and everything else. If not, use the Fill Screen tool.

Now in Layer Display Options, select all, then deselect Base Cabinets and Walls, Normal. Set everything to not display. All that should be checked to display is Walls, Normal and Base Cabinets.

You should see the wall and the base cabinet.

Set Soffits to display and they should show.

Set Fixtures, Interior to show and you should see the toilet.

Definitely seems like a bug. Turning all the layers on shows something. Then, as you suggested, turning off all the layers except Base Cabinets and Wall, Normal didn't show anything. I think went back and turned on every layer that had a "+" used sign by it. Still a blank view. I'll go back and turn on the other layers to see what actually shows something, but seems pretty obvious if none of the used layers show anything then there is something up. 

Thanks,

--Jamie

Once I turned on all layers, i was able to turn off the layers I did not want. I my case I turned off everything except Walls, Normal and Base Cabinets and they were still visible. I then turned on Soffits and they were visible too.

I did this in the Pro 2019 trial.

It worked as expected in Chief Premier.

Suggest you report to support.

David,

Thanks for the video. As usual, they are very helpful and appreciated. The problem I was having was when I used the wall elevation camera, the one you were demonstrating, nothing displayed at all. No cabinets, fixtures, wall, etc. In my particular plan, the room is in the basement, or foundation floor. Evidently, the Foundation layer needs to be turned on for any objects to show. However, the Foundation layer does not show up as being used in the Display Options window. Once I turn on the Foundation layer, I can then see everything in the wall elevation view.

I don't know if that is intentional in the program or a bug, but I have a support ticket open to see.

Thanks again for the video!

--Jamie

James, it is whatever it is. I hope you find the cause quickly. I have been using this software since 1995 and monitoring Home Talk and Chief Talk since those venues were created and I have never heard of this happening to anyone, anywhere before. I am sorry you are having to deal with it. It is not a bug in the software, I am certain of that but I am also certain that it is "something" and how annoying it must be for you.

DJP