Framing question w/ attic trusses

JamesR

Building a detached garage with a loft/bonus room above. Would like to use attic trusses, and followed the support article here. The actual truss generation seemed to go ok. However, there seems to be some wackyness on the gable wall framing that I would like to understand. Since I plan to have a window on each gable end, I don't plan on using an end truss, but normal framed wall. Right at the ceiling of the 2nd floor, there is a "pyramid" when the framing is generated. It is obviously not a practical framing situation, so is there any settings that I have not changed that is causing this? Any way to get the automatic wall framing to frame without this pyramid? Pictures and plan attached.

Any general suggestions on the approach and plan?

Thanks,

--Jamie

attic truss framing.JPG

Two Story Garage - Truss.plan

Thanks Eric. I turned on the balloon through ceiling option for the gable walls on the 2nd floor. Then deleted all framing and rebuilt. The weird pyramid is gone, but now there is a "cap" on the gable side walls, as shown by the attached picture. Not how your wall looks in the picture...

Any ideas? Do I need to enable balloon through ceiling on the 1st or attic floor walls?

Thanks,

--Jamie

attic truss framing 2.JPG

Two Story Garage - Truss.plan

You most likely have a wall there on the attic level. The software does not always delete the attic walls itself after you set Balloon Through on the wall below. Go to the Attic level and delete it.

Tip: The software automatically builds attic walls, but does not delete them when no longer needed. While working on a project where walls are moving around, the attic level can fill up with these walls. While on the Attic level, you can Delete Current Floor, and the program will automatically rebuild only what it needs.