"set as default" button not visible.

Barnyardo

Hi there everyone,

I am new to Chief Architect. A lot different than AutoCad and Sketchup.

I have been working through the Default Settings tutorials online, which I think are for Chief Architect and not specifically for Home Designer Pro per se. On one of them it shows a "set default" button (wrench with a red check mark) on the lower bar. I looked in the set custom tools but haven't found it. Does anyone know if HDPro 2019 has it. 

I wanted to redesign a cabinet as per the tutorial and easily set as default, but instead had to go to the wrench without the red check mark and work my way through the dialogue boxes. 

without check.PNG

wrench with check mark.PNG

Hi there

Thanks for the clarification Eric. You are correct about my being new to Home designer pro and not Chief Architect. Not so sure about needing to stick with the home designer site though. If I had done that, I would  have learned a lot less about home designer pro. I have found a lot of important tips, through the chief architect articles and videos. Hat's off to David Jefferson Potter (Thank you David) for the youtube videos I have thoroughly enjoyed these last few days. Those have contained older versions of both  Chief architect and the Home Designer products, all with invaluable tips and clarifications. Also some of the technical support folks at HDpro have recommended checking the chief architect tutorials. When searching with specific phrases, I found very little relative information. When i put chief architect in the phrase, there is a lot more pertinent content. Yes I do have to correlate and compare with the HDPro format but still very insightful.  The "Understanding Platforms" video, on youtube by Dan Bauman, is from 2010 and was instrumental in shifting my perspective of the ceiling and floor elevation nightmare I was in. So I'm beginning to understand the relationship between floor platforms and defaults. Most importantly the HDPro room specification dialogue windows. Okay I admit I haven't read the entire user manual as yet, and to tell you the truth, I probably never will. Has anybody? 

In answer to my own question.....While Home Designer Pro offers "static and dynamic defaults", it does not have the wrench with the red check mark. So, something to learn more about tomorrow. First I will study those pesky "room specification/structure" dialogues.

Nevertheless, I appreciate both of your feedback and look forward to learning lots more in the future.

Thanks, Bernard

I started using Chief Premier back in 1995 and never read the Users Manual, start to finish in 1999. At that time I was asked to start teaching seminars for a business near San Antonio. That is when I really started thoroughly learning the program, having to stand in front of thirty Builders and Developers tends to make you not want to found out as a fraud. My point is that being a teacher is a great way to force your self to be a know it all ( To this day I have not achieved anyway near that lofty title but I know more than I would have otherwise). My main teacher back in the early nineties was VHF tapes created by Dan Baumann that my then boss purchased for me to help me learn Chief faster. They and he helped a lot.

DJP

Hi David

I'm glad I struck a chord of synchronicity. Sometimes I see a teacher in things that I do and that which I create. Sometimes I'm in such a hurry and forget to honor the ones that helped along the way. So here's to the generosity of those folks (you included),who not only do the job, but also have the time to film, edit and upload articles and video's so that others can partake in.

On that note! Back to the drawing board! Still trying to create a side split, multi level house and maintain the bottom of the foundation footings at the same elevation while raising various rooms within each side of the split.

Thanks again, Bernard