revlution4

Thanks in advance for any advice or help! I am designing a home with a walkout basement and have that almost complete. I added the garage which comes off the main floor but there is no foundation. Its as if the garage is attached to the house but "floating" because there is no floor. Where did I make a mistake? should I have built the garage before making the lower level of the house? I'm using Home Designer Suite 2019.

side view.jpg

I downloaded the Suite trial and took a look.

Many times when something unexpected happens -- like no slab under the garage, I'll draw in a new plan, a simple structure duplicating the problem plan.

I tried that, and the garage slab generated automatically.

I don't know why there is a problem with your plan. You might send this to support -- maybe they have an idea.

You might try using Edit Area to copy the 1st and 2nd floors into a new plan. Build a blank 2nd floor, and then copy and Paste/Hold Position.

ht1.jpg

I've encountered this problem before, and I think it's a software bug.

It might sound goofy, but try this:
Open the room dialog, and under the structure tab, look at the floor structure (L).  It is showing as 12 5/8".
Go back to the general tab, and specify it as a deck  (you left it as unspecified). On the structure tab,  the floor structure (L) should change to 8 3/8".
Go back to the room type drop-down, and re-specify it  as a garage.  The structure tab should now show floor structure (L) as 4".

Check to see if you now have a slab.

• Like 1