Plan Look Over HDPRO 2019

Hilltopvince

David,  Attached plan is an "existing" plan for a remodel.  I had (3) issues that I can't resolve. 

1. Rake wall under staircase on first floor of plan. I intended to have railing over rake wall and abutt into the vertical wall. When the stairs were widened the railing was not available anymore. It looks like  drawing the wall under stairs was that the wall would run the full length of the stair case or not at all. 

2. Full camera view shows an issue with fascia and soffit connecting. A gap exists. I went back through roof planes and default settings but don't see where I'm off.

3. The attic is an unfinished space. I couldn't seem to turn off the railing in the attic around the stair well opening. Making it invisible I lost the opening in the floor in which the stairs from below came up through.

Would appreciate a look through the plan if you have time.

Thanks.

Before Floor Plan.plan

9 hours ago, Hilltopvince said:

1. Rake wall under staircase on first floor of plan. I intended to have railing over rake wall and abutt into the vertical wall. When the stairs were widened the railing was not available anymore. It looks like  drawing the wall under stairs was that the wall would run the full length of the stair case or not at all. 

Use 2 stair sections, one with a railing and wall under, one narrower for the upper part.

9 hours ago, Hilltopvince said:

2. Full camera view shows an issue with fascia and soffit connecting. A gap exists. I went back through roof planes and default settings but don't see where I'm off.

The Gable Sub Fascia controls this. Make it smaller.

Thanks For the help, and for the video David. The Plan is a layout of the existing structure as is before we remodel. We are in western Pennsylvania and the house was built around the year 1905. The framing is rough cut lumber and a full 2" x 4" (oak at that). The floor joists ( rough cut 2" x 8") even have a few hand hewn barn beams included in the floor structure. The layout of the stairs going to the attic are as I shown, a basic ladder. and the other two stair cases I drawn as is.  We have the complete inside taken down to framing and ready to put an addition on.  Attic stairs are coming out and we are going to redo the main staircase to bring it in to code, as well as some other changes.  I was trying to get the existing plan as accurate as possible and also use it as a learning tool.  The main roof ridge board is  3/4" lumber. Rafters are opposing each other with collar ties. That needs some work also.  

Again thanks for your time and feed back. I enjoy the videos, they really help.