Cinderblock homes and buildings

Jaimason

Good day, 

I live in Costa Rica and here we build houses with Cinderblocks, using your standard footing with vertical rebar every 60cm and cement columns around 3Meters apart with the cinderblocks filling between the columns. then closing the top of you cinderblock wall and connecting all of you columns with a cement header "same size as a layer of cinderblock all the way around". I have been trying to do this with the program and am having problems. Do you have any ideas for how to due this with pro? Need to be able to change sizes of footing, columns , and header. along with placement of rebar inside each. Please let me know what you think,

You can custom size any material in Pro, including cinderblock. You can control the structural thickness of floor platfroms and roof planes via Default Settings. You can control the ceiling height of your walls using the "Ceiling Height" setting found in Default Settings - Rooms and Floors - Current Floor". Knowing that I do not see any possible problems completing a design like you describe. What exact problems have you been having?

DJP

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening,

Sorry for the extra scribble marks in the picture, this is what I'm trying to due with HD Pro 2018. The picture is of one section of wall, two stories. It has a footing that the rebar is .30cm X .90cm. A Cap for the first level / Footing for the second level that is .40cm X .15cm, this is what the floor for the second level is connected to. Then it has a Cap for the second level that is .30cm X .15cm.  Finely we have the Column that are .40cm X .40cm roughly 3 meters apart and on each outside corner and will also be placed on the inside walls for load bearing walls. How would you go about doing this? Column are kicking my butt, it would be nice if in the wall information display would ask you if you would like columns in it and how far apart!

Cinder Block House Setup.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jaimason said:

How would you go about doing this?

Are you asking how to draw this as a 2D detail or are you asking about how to 3D model it or are you asking about how to do both or either? Your posted image is too small for me to see with any detail. Perhaps Eric understands what you want, I do not.

Commonly such structural details are done in an elevation camera and you then add 2D CAD lines and fill boxes to represent structural objects like in AutoCAD. Such objects that also need to be visible as 3D objects can be made as custom slabs and then seen in camera views. I am sure your problem is either a visual one in camera views or a graphic one in 2D detail views. What do you say to that?

DJP